June 25, 2009

In Great Company

I feel like there are some people I must introduce before I get too far into blogging about this summer. As I've mentioned (I think?), our summer program is offering around 5 classes this summer with a total of around 150 students enrolled. Somehow, we lucked out and are enrolled in the smallest class with only 11 students. I'm slightly in love with our entire class!!!

Our professor, Pete, is from the University of Notre Dame- Sydney. He is one of the funniest, most laid back, and knowledgeable professors I've had!! I'm not a huge fan on history or politics, but I can listen to Pete all day long.

There are 3 students from Georgetown University in our class. Kevin and Tommy are both pre-med students. Johanna is a history major (fitting for our class huh?). Kevin and Tommy are both two of the nicest guys I've met! Sarah and I have really bonded with Jo (Can we talk about the three of us sharing a two person tent at Kakadu to stay warm?!)

It's hard to forget Will Farr.... Ben!! Ben is from the University of California- Davis where he is majoring in something that involves him being a sports broadcaster on the side. Ben is always keeping Sarah on her toes and keeping the entire group laughing (and singing "Blinded by the Light)!!

Ian is from Washington University in St. Louis (the classmate that lives the closest to me) and is always telling us crazy stories about his "friends", but we are starting to think "friend" might be a cover-up for him :)

Oh Allie... where to start on this one (J/K)!! Allie attends the University of Tennessee and she is another one Sarah and I have really bonded with. I love the random song outbursts that she is known to have!

Another University of California - Riverside student is Felicia. She had to live with Sarah and I for the 10 days in Darwin and put up with us nicely :)

The last girl in our class is Mallory and she is from UConn. She isn't allowed to Karaoke with us anymore because this girl shows us all up!!

The last guy in our class is Billy from Hamilton College in New York. He is a little quieter than the other boys in our class, but has his fair share of random outburst that get us all laughing!

There are 5 guys and 6 girls in our class and everyone of them is great!! We have really clicked and bonded right away. I love that we all hang out so much outside of class too. It's normal to find us all going to dinner or exploring the latest town we are in.

We have met many of the other students from other classes as well. Our class spends the entire time travelling with the Imaging class. We have booked a side trip with a few students from that class to Melbourne for a long weekend.

I have to mention Kate in this post as well. I'm not sure of her exact title, but she works as for UNSW and helps coordinate our program. There was this one time that Sarah and I booked our flight from Darwin to Canberra on the wrong day (surely not us!?), but leave it to Kate to manage to get us on the flight. Let's not forget to mention that we were in the unaccompanied minors section, which Kate found very fitting. She told me today in fact that "It's a good thing Sarah and I realize we need handling!". Ohhhh Kate!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment