May 27, 2009

25 Random Facts About Me

This is actually from a note I wrote on Facebook, but I decided to share it on here too!

1. I love to travel! I contribute a lot of things to both my parent's being in the Air Force when I was younger and this is one of them. I love to explore new places, meet new people, and interact with cultures different than my own. Since March 2008, I have been on a cruise to the Bahamas, spent 6 weeks in London, traveled (by myself) through Scotland to explore my heritage, been on a 3 day champagne tour through the Route De Champagne in France, traveled to Indiana to run a 5K, and spent a few weeks (not in succession) in Huntington Beach, California. That is just the beginning! I leave in 10 days to spend 4 days in Fiji, 6 weeks in various cities around Australia, and 3 days in New Zealand. This fall, I'm going on a float trip, to Vegas with one of my best friends Justine, Hawaii for my niece's 21st birthday, and a ski trip. I never turn down an opportunity to travel!

2. I’m very OCD. Things have to be either in height order (Left to Right, Top to Bottom) or in A-Z order (again, Left to Right, Top to Bottom). My movies are in ABC order and my “friends” like to move them around on me. Beware: I will notice within 3 days! :)

3. I also have issues with numbers. I like when things end in either 5 or 0, but I can justify to myself other numbers.

4. I lost my mom when I was 15 and I still think about her every day. I just remember that she is watching down on me and I should become the best person possible to make her proud. I just hope that I turn out to be half the woman she was in life. I recently got a tattoo in her honor.

5. I was engaged for over a year to my high school sweetheart. We were engaged on Feb 15, 2008 and I called the wedding off on Feb 18, 2009. We had been dating for 5.5 years and were set to be married on August 1, 2009 (remember that number obsession: 8+1=9..). I don't look back and regret any part of our relationship, but I know he wasn't "The One" for me, nor was I "The One" for him. I feel you take a lot out of failed relationships and I'm confident we will both eventually find "The One".

6. I have recently found myself enjoying running. I ran my first 5K in April and I'm training for my first half marathon, which I plan on running in October.

7. I lost 45-50 pounds during Aug 2008-Jan 2009. I did Weight Watchers and loved it. I found it super easy to stick with and don’t think I’ll ever try another diet other than WW. The first bite tastes exactly the same as the last bite. I use this philosophy to still be able to enjoy sweets!

8. I graduated high school in 3 years and graduated with my undergrad degree in 3.5 years. No, I’m actually not that smart and I’ll share my GPAs to prove it!

9. I am a speed reader and I love to read. I can usually finish most books in a night or two. I would rather curl up on the couch to read than watch TV at night.

10. I actually don’t watch too much TV except for "my shows". I’m obsessed with One Tree Hill and own all the seasons that are available on DVD. I love having friends over to drink wine and watch OTH. I also watch Desperate Housewives and have started to enjoy Gray’s.

11. I am the youngest of 7 children!! Our ages range from me (21) to 40. I have 1 full brother, 3 step siblings, and 2 half siblings. I love them all and enjoy when we are all (or majority of us!) are together. There is always something going on when we are together. At one point, all 7 of us lived in different states. Not only do 4 of us live in Missouri now, but 3 of us live less than 25 minutes from each other in the Kansas City area.

12. I recently moved to downtown Kansas City and I love everything about my apartment. My roommate's name is Amy and we met while I was an intern at BKD. I think we might have secretly been separated at birth...

13. I love wine. I prefer sweet wine: red or white doesn’t matter.

14. One of my biggest worries in life is losing people close to me suddenly. I worry about my friends and family 24-7.

15. When I was a 14-15, I was on a competitive cheerleading squad and LOVED every minute of it. There were weeks leading up to competitions that we would practice 6 days a week.

16. I became an NCA All-Star Cheerleader my freshman year of high school.

17. I used to race BMX bikes when I was younger. When I was 10, I was ranked the #1 female for my age division in Indiana.

18. I'm going back to school to get my Master's in Accountancy. I'm so ready to be done with school, but I'm not ready for "the real world" quite yet. I tried to grow up too fast and I'm enjoying taking the time to slow down and enjoy being young.

19. I want kids one day, but I worry if I would know what to do with them. When I babysit, I run out of ideas to entertain them after about 2 hours.

20. I'm a big fan of concerts. One of my favorite concert moments in the past 6 months was when my old roommate, Jenny, and I randomly ended up at an ACDC concert with her brother and his friends... on a Wednesday night... in our work clothes!! The plan was to meet them for a few drinks after work, but we ended up buying tickets and going go to the concert with them. The night ended with a $60 cab ride home.... but not before going through Taco Bell first!!

21. I have some pretty sweet scars. I have 3 small ones between my eyes that ironically enough form an “H”. They are all 3 from learning how to walk and running into coffee/tables and fireplaces. Told you I wasn’t too bright! (See #8). I also have a long scar on my right wrist that people used to call my “Harry Potter” scar because it looks like a lightening flash.

22. My elbows are double jointed and it looks really gross. All my cheerleading coaches used to complain about them and I had to learn to not fully extend them so they looked straight!

23. My #1 biggest fear in life is getting breast cancer. I don’t think I’m strong enough to ever get tested for the gene though.

24. I love my friends. I don't have a huge amount of close friends, but I have good quality close friends :)

25. I’m excited to see what the future brings for my life. I tend to try and overplan things, but I’m learning that it is okay to not know what is coming or going to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment