May 22, 2009

Getting Out Of The City

Justine, one of my best friends from college, has been staying at her parent's house in Warsaw, Missouri. She kept telling me her parents had been asking about me and that I should come down and hang out before I leave. Since my roommate, Amy, was out of town this week, I decided to get out of the city and drive town to Justine's parent's house.

Warsaw is a small town by Truman Lake. It's a great little town filled with cute antique shops and other similar stores. I met Justine in town and we went to a few of the antique stores. There is one that has different types of "bulk Amish food" that I always love going to when I'm in town. They have bags full of the Lucky Charm marshmallows that I can't resist!! After grabbing some lunch, we decided to pick Jayce (Justine's 2.5 year old son) up from the babysitter and head to her parent's house. They live on a ranch that backs up to her grandpa's ranch. We saddled up a few of Justine's horses and went on a nice 3 hour ride! It was great to take a leisure horseback ride around the country and just talk. I don't see Justine as much as I did when we were in college and it was really nice to spend the afternoon catching up and chatting about things. Jayce got so tired, he was even able to fall asleep on Justine!



For dinner, we went to down to the creek and made a fire to cook on. After a nice dinner of hot dogs and smores, we just sat around the fire drinking beer and talking some more. It was great to see Justine and her family before I leave the country!!



I'm currently packing to head to Southern California for Memorial Day Weekend. I can't believe I'm seeing my sister for the 3rd time in 2 months!! That is HIGHLY unusual!! This time 2 weeks from now, Sarah will be in Kansas City and we will be about to leave on our trip! 2 weeks from tomorrow.... time is flying by!!

No comments:

Post a Comment