May 18, 2009

Stressing Out!

I'm beginning to wonder if this trip to Australia is meant to happen!! I got a phone call last week from our Study Abroad Coordinator. She informed me that they had canceled the International Business course due to "severe academic issues" that were brought to the attention of the University of New South Wales. We were given the opportunity to cancel the entire trip or choose a new class to take. Sarah and I decided to enroll in "Beyond the Fatal Shore: Australian History, Sports, and Politics". Not exactly a productive, useful class- but we still get to spend the summer abroad!! The schedule is basically the same as far as the cities we visit and the length of time we are in them. I do like this class better for the field trips we get to go on. We will be doing things like visiting the Sydney Olympic Sport Park, taking a sunset cruise, and visiting the Blue Mountains. Even though there has been a fair amount of stress surrounding this trip, I'm ready to get abroad!!!

I've been doing some research on places to stay while we are in Fiji. I had a recommendation to stay at the Manta Ray Island Resort. That is where Sarah and I are leaning towards, but I'm still doing a little bit of research. I went to Barnes & Noble today to purchase some books on Fiji, New Zealand, and Australia. Sarah will be in Kansas City in almost 2 weeks!! Our summer adventure is getting closer and closer!!

Last Thursday, Amy, Stephanie (another BKDer!), and I went to Kauffman Stadium to catch a Royals game. There was a promotion for "Girls Night Out" that sponsored breast cancer. Naturally, when I heard this, I was all fired up to catch the game! The first 10,000 fans received a free hat, which was "pretty sweet" as you can tell by the pictures! It was a really fun night, as our girl's nights always are!


Amy and I in our new Royals shirts

Stephanie and I enjoying the game.... and a few drinks!

Amy and I rocking our sweet new hats!

On a side note, the apartment looks great. I ended up also getting all new bedroom furniture! I feel like I've completely moved on and "started over". I loved being able to decorate my room and bathroom "girly" again! I decided to print off photos from my adventure abroad last summer to hang on my wall. I'm excited to get some more great photos this summer to add to my collection! It's kinda cool being able to say that I went to all those places and actually took the photos...

No comments:

Post a Comment